RT @B_Schmidt: I worry for women who get whisked off without warning on magical journeys. Like, girl, grab some tampons. They don’t have those in Narnia.
Amanda is a magpie of plots, bad ideas, and spite. She is a queer speculative fiction writer who writes contemporary fantasy as A. J. Hackwith and sci-fi romance as Ada Harper. Her stories have appeared in Cantina Press anthologies, and she's an alumni of Viable Paradise workshop. She's represented by Caitlin McDonald of Donald Maass Literary Agency.
Amanda lives in Seattle, WA with her husband and her ghosts. She's a Slytherin girl, a Ravenclaw nerd, and she always takes the renegade interrupts. And really, isn't that the important things to know?
Subscribe to the quarterly newsletter for book news, sneak peeks, and other updates.
- Lips of Red, Lips of Black, Skies of Wonder, Skies of Danger: Stories of Airships, Pirates, and Wizards, June 2018
- ERROR: KAPPA NOT FOUND, Untethered: A Magic iPhone Anthology, Cantina Publishing 2016
- A Conspiracy of Whispers, Carina Press, January 2018
- A Treason of Truths (Whispers #2), Carina Press, October 2018
- And the Dragon was in the Skin, Disabled People Destroy Science Fiction issue, Uncanny Magazine, TBA
- Freelance Confidential, Rockable Press, 2011
- Web Design Confidential, Rockable Press, 2012